ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION Applicants for the two year full-time (4 semesters) MBA & MBA-IB Programme should hold:
a) A Bachelor's Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks.
b) A qualification recognized as equivalent there to subject to the conditions of the Syndicate of the Bharathiar University.
In addition to the above the applicants should have taken an entrance examination. It may be the MAT/CET/any other entrance examinations for admission under the Management Quota. The applicants who have appeared for the TANCET exam shall apply for Tamilnadu Government counseling and obtain selection through the College code:460. Students appearing for the final year degree examinations may also apply subject to the condition that they must provide evidence of their having passed in the final year degree examinations before the end of August. Candidates from the states other than Tamilnadu will have to obtain and produce the recognition/eligibility/ Migration Certificates as to their qualifications from the office of the Bharathiar University, Coimbatore at the time of admission.
The MAT bulletin can also be obtained from the AIMA Nodal Centres and other outlets (for details on MAT please refer to the advertisements of AI MA for MAT in the leading dailies or visit (www.aima-ind.org). Those shortlisted will be called for a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview at the campus. A merit list for admission will be prepared with a weightage of 50% for MAT score and 25% each for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview. A selection list will be prepared after the interview and selected candidates will receive information and will have to report for admission and pay the prescribed fees before the specified time limit, failing which their seats will be offered to candidates on the waiting list. All the certificates in original should be filed at the time of admission.
Classes will start during the middle of August or after the TANCET counseling dates whichever is earlier.
- Admissions have to be necessarily completed ordinarily by July / August-end or the deadline fixed by the University and the original certificates should be submitted before that date, at the latest. Applicants failing to do so cannot have their admissions confirmed and will have to leave, foregoing the amounts paid by them.
- Admissions are subject to the approval of the University. The Academy has to follow the rules and regulations of the Bharathiar University and the AICTE governing admissions. Applicants are advised to independently ascertain the salient features of the largest regulations of the Bharathiar University in their own interest. The Academy will not be responsible for the hardships caused by changes introduced in the regulations concerning the admissions by the Bharathiar University, or due to any invalidity, ineligibility, or discrepancy in admission discovered by the University.
- The decision of the Management regarding the admissions shall be final and binding.
- Students are admitted on the understanding that they will strictly abide by the rules and regulations of the Academy as contained in the Academy calendar and meticulously follow the instructions given by the authorities from time to time. Primarily, the Academy insists on a high level of attendance, diligence in course work, good behaviour and conduct on the campus and outside. Ragging is prohibited and statutory orders on referring raggers to the concerned authorities are being followed. Students who fall short of these expeditions of discipline and conduct may be asked to leave and they will not be eligible for any refunds.
Applications for admission should be made in the prescribed form to reach the GRDAM on or before the last date specified below. A self-addressed stamped postcard should be enclosed with the application form so that the receipt of the application can be acknowledged.
Prospectus and prescribed application forms are available at the GRDAM office on remittance of Rs.450/- by cash or the Demand Draft favouring G R Damodaran Academy of Management, payable at Coimbatore or the soft copy of the application shall be downloaded from the website. Please quote the reference number of the application in all the subsequent correspondence.
Candidates should attach copies of:
- Xerox copies of mark sheets for each appearance in each and every examination, even if a consolidated statement of marks is attached (to include SSLC, +2 and Degree).
- Two passport size photographs
- The Degree or Provisional Degree Certificate (copy).
- A certificate from the Principal of the College last attended for having undergone the degree course (copy).
- Score card of the relevant entrance examination taken up by the candidate. (MAT/CET/TANCET whichever is applicable).
- Other relevant certificates (Age proof, TC, Conduct Certificate, etc) (copies).